Rules Regarding Precinct Re-Org
- An individual does NOT need to be present at the precinct re-org meeting to be elected to a precinct office, however they must have filled out Form 1 and turned it in at the meeting. Attendees must have voted in the primary to be eligible. No proxies are allowed only those in attendance can vote.
- If a position has not been filled at re-org, it can be filled at the make up meeting session. The last day for the delegates to be added to the county delegate list is 3 days after the make up meeting.
- A person who did not vote in the primary and wants to participate, they must prove residency and have voted in by the precinct members that are present.
Duties of Precinct Officers
President – The precinct president sets meetings for the precinct and presides at those meetings. The President also attends the County Executive Committee meetings.
County Executive Committeeman – Represents the precinct at County Executive Committee meetings and votes on matters before the committee. Maintains contact with and reports to precinct members. Must be willing to attend all County Executive Committee meetings.
Election of Delegates to the County Convention
At the Precinct meeting, Delegates to the county convention will be elected. At the convention, the delegates will be asked to vote for the Chairman, Vice-Chairman and State Committeeman for the Horry County Republican Party.
As Chairman of the Horry County GOP, I encourage all Republicans to participate in these Precinct meetings which we call “RE-ORG”. South Carolina Republicans should not grow complacent or take our election victories for granted. We must continue building and working to elect conservative candidates who will uphold our platform and values. Your leadership and activism at the grassroots level matters more than most realize. We need even more good people to work hand-in-hand with elected officials and guide our party. “Dreama Perdue”
1. Re-Org Coordinators training is set for Thursday, March 7, 6pm at Conway Library, 801 Main St, Conway, 29526
2. Re-Org is set for Thursday, March 14, 7-9 pm
(Locations are listed on website, Horry County Facebook, etc)
3. Re-Org Make-up date cutoff is Monday, April 1, at Burroughs & Chapin Auditorium, 2050 Hwy 501 E, Conway, 29526
4. Notification of Candidacy to Chairwoman Perdue is due by April 1
HCGOP Re-organization Locations
Revision February 10, 2019
Re-org Date: Thursday, March 14, 2019
Time: 7:00PM – 9:00PM
Coordinator Training: Thursday, March 7, 2019
Time: 6:00PM – 7:30PM
1. Aynor – (Aynor Senior Center, 845 N Main St, Aynor), (Precincts-Aynor, Cool Springs, Dogbluff, Gallivants Ferry, Jordanville, Joyner Swamp, Methodist/Mill Swamp, Poplar Hill, Taylorsville)
2.Tilley Swamp –Tilley Swamp Baptist Church 4619 SC-90, Conway, SC 29526, (Precincts-Dogwood, Ebenezer, Hickory Grove, Leon, Red bluff, Shell, Tilley Swamp, Wampee)
3. Conway – (Conway Recreation Center, 1515 Mill Pond Rd, Conway), (Precincts-Adrian, Brownway, Cedar Grove, E. Conway, Four Mile, Homewood, Horry, Inland, Jamestown, Juniper Bay, Maple, N. Conway 1, N. Conway 2, Pawleys Swamp, Port Harrelson, Racepath 1, Racepath 2, Red Hill 1, Salem, Toddville, W. Conway)
4. Loris – Loris Elementary, Community room, 901 Highway 9 Business East, Loris. (Precincts-Allsbrook, Bayboro-Gurley, Daisy, E. Loris, Floyds, Green Sea, Hickory Hill, Jernigans Crossroads, Live Oak, Mt Olive, Mt Vernon, Pleasant View, Spring Branch, Sweet home, W. Loris, White Oak)
5. North Myrtle Beach – NMB Community Center, 1030 Possom Trot Road, (Precincts-Atlantic Beach, Brooksville 1, Brooksville 2, Cherry Grove 1, Cherry Grove 2, Crescent, Dunes 3, Little River 1, Little River 2, Little River 3, Nixon Xroads 1, Nixon Xroads 2, Nixon Xroads 3, Ocean Drive 1, Ocean Drive 2, Windy Hill 1, Windy Hill 2)
6. Carolina Forest – (Grand Strand Baptist Church, 350 Hospitality Lane, MB). (Precincts-Carolina Bays, Carolina Forest 1, Carolina Forest 2, Coastal Carolina, Emerald Forest 1, Emerald Forest 2, Emerald Forest 3, Forestbrook, Myrtle Trace, Palmetto Bays, Red Hill 2, River oaks, Socastee 4, Wild Wing)
7. Myrtle Beach N.– Fire Station #6, 970 38th Ave N, Myrtle Beach, SC 29577, (Precincts- Dunes 1, Dunes 2, Myrtlewood 1, Myrtlewood 2, Myrtlewood 3, Ocean Forest 1, Ocean Forest 2, Ocean Forest 3,)
8. South Strand Burgess – (Burgess Community Center 10299 Hwy 707, Myrtle Beach SC 29576), (Precincts-Burgess 1, Burgess 2, Burgess 3, Burgess 4, Garden City 1, Garden City 2, Garden City 3, Garden City 4, Glenn’s Bay, Marlowe 1, Marlowe 2, Marlowe 3)
9. Socastee -Location (Socastee United Methodist Church, 5575 Dick Pond Rd, Myrtle Beach, SC 29588) (Precincts- Deerfield, Enterprise, Jackson Bluff, Lake Park 1, Lake Park 2, Lake Park 3, Seawinds, Socastee 1, Socastee 2, Socastee 3, Surfside 1, Surfside 2, Surfside 3, Surfside 4)
10. Myrtle Beach S. (Fire Station #3, Classroom 1, 2108 South Kings Hwy., Myrtle Beach, SC 29577 ), (Precincts- Coastal Lane #1, Coastal Lane #2, Jet Port #1, Jet Port #2, Sea Oats #1, Sea Oats #2)
Coordinator Training Conway Library (large meeting room on right), March 7th, 6-7:30PM